The objectives of the Healing Service are to provide and observe:
We acknowledge the need to advocate on behalf of, educate and work with individuals, families and the broader community in their search for healing.
- Recognizing and understanding who we are as Aboriginal people and the legacy we have inherited from Australia’s past history of colonial violence and dispossession.
- Cultural integrity, respect, safety and connectedness within Aboriginal and mainstream services.
- Safety and security for victims of violence.
- Strong community relationships and positive role models.
- Shared responsibilities – assisting victims and perpetrators on their healing journey so they can participate fully in life and community.
- Respect for self and others.
- Promoting emotional and social health and wellbeing.
- No violence – in the home, in the family, in the community or in the workplace.